Fire Prevention Week 2020
Did you know cooking is the number 1 cause of home fires and home fire injuries?
Fire Prevention Week Tips:
- Keep kids safe from burns and scalds. Have a kid-free zone of at least 3 feet around hot things in the kitchen.
- Keep your cooking area clutter-free. Move anything that can burn away from the stovetop.
- Focus on the food! Unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires in the kitchen.
- Be smart when cooking. Use a timer to remind you that you are cooking.
- Put a lid on it! To extinguish a small grease fire, keep a pot lid nearby when cooking.