First Step - Western & Downriver Wayne County Project on Domestic and Sexual Violence
First Step office is located at:
Lincoln Park, MI 48146
- The office is located in the Community Policing Building across the street from the Lincoln Park Police Department.
- First Step, Lincoln Park Office: (313) 381-1800 (please call ahead if possible)
- First Step 24-Hour Help Line (Toll-Free): (734) 722-6800
- First Step website: www.firststep-mi.org
- ALL FIRST STEP SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND FREE OF CHARGE
Services provided at the Lincoln Park site include:
Community Response Project - Victim Advocacy
- Make contact with and provide early intervention to all victims of the crime of domestic violence who make a police report in the City Lincoln Park Police. The intent of this contact is to; assist with safety planning, accessing shelter, providing information and support regarding Personal Protection Orders, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Systems, and eliciting victim input into the prosecution process while offering support and advocacy throughout the prosecution process.
- Provide information, support and advocacy to victims of the crime of domestic violence who do not wish to make a police report.
- Provide referrals to the Domestic and Sexual Assault Advocate in First Step’s Lincoln Park office.
- Link victims to additional First Step services in Wayne County as well as other community resources.
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Adult Advocacy/Counseling:
- Provide supportive, crisis-intervention, individual / group counseling for adult victims of domestic violence throughout the prosecution process and beyond.
- Provide supportive, crisis-intervention, individual counseling for adult victims of sexual assault.
- Provide linkages for victims to additional First Step and community resources as well as advocating on victim/s behalf as needed.
- Provide presentations/trainings to Lincoln Park residents and community groups addressing domestic and sexual violence.
- Provide supportive, crisis-intervention, individual / group counseling for child victims of domestic violence.
- Implement a prevention program for school age children focusing on the education of conflict resolution skills, domestic violence and safety planning.
- First Step Website