Community Improvement Commission
The Community Improvement Commission shall act as a citizens' advisory group to the Mayor and Council and shall advise and make recommendations to the Mayor and Council on activities carried on under the City's workable program for community improvement. To that end, the Commission is tasked with the following duties:
- Make recommendations concerning Federal, State, and local programs relevant to community welfare;
- Solicit the cooperation of local and civic organizations and local press in making the City a better place to live, work, and play;
- Review and make recommendations to the Mayor and Council for the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) funding and program allocation;
- Consider, study, and recommend plans for the development of cultural programs.
Information coming soon
Desired Traits for Appointees
The following desired skills and traits are helpful, though not required, for successful appointees to the Community Improvement Commission:
- A long-range interest in the community
- Fairness, common sense, honesty, and good moral character
- Knowledge of the city, its people, customs, and ordinances
- Time to serve
The Community Improvement Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the second-floor conference room and Lincoln Park City Hall located at 1355 Southfield.
2023 Tentative Meeting Schedule
Agendas and Minutes