Public Safety Commission
The Commission of Public Safety has general control and management of the Fire and Police Departments.
The Commission formulates rules and regulations for the organization of the Departments under their jurisdiction for the rank and number of the various officers of the respective forces for the disciplinary control and punishment and penalties for breaches of discipline or violation of rules and regulations.
DESIRED TRAITS FOR APPOINTEES
Below are the desired skills and traits that are helpful, though not required, for successful appointees to the Public Safety Commission:
- Willingness to give due attention to learning about law enforcement services as they affect the welfare of the people of Lincoln Park.
- Ability to interpret law enforcement services to the community, and to interpret the community to professional law enforcement personnel.
- Willingness to work with others regarding public safety matters. Willingness to work toward consensus in commission activities and discussions.
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with other committee members, the City Council, the Sheriff’s Department, the public, the school district, service organizations and other community groups.
- Willingness to attend committee meetings.
The Public Safety Commission will meet on the third Monday every month at 4:00 p.m. in the John A. Aloisi Council Chambers located on the second floor of Lincoln Park City Hall at 1355 Southfield.
2023 TENTATIVE MEETINGS DATE
MEETING AGENDAS AND MINUTES
Public Safety Commission Agenda and Minutes can be found here