Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a body of limited powers. The Board shall have the specific powers and duties as set forth in Sections 1264.07, Administrative Reviews, through 1264.13, Conditions of Appeals and Variances, of this chapter, all jurisdiction and powers prescribed in other chapters of this Zoning Code or these Codified Ordinances, and all jurisdiction and powers granted by Act 207 of the Public Acts of 1921, as amended (MCLA 125.581 et seq.; MSA 5.2931 et seq.). (Res. 98-529A. Passed 12-21-98.)
The City of Lincoln Park will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audiotapes of printed material being considered at the meeting to individuals with disabilities at the meeting/hearing upon ten (10) days prior notice to the City of Lincoln Park. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Lincoln Park by writing or calling the following: The Building Department, 1355 Southfield Road, Lincoln Park, MI 48146 (313) 386-1800 Ext. 1296 or 1299.
Lincoln Park, MI 48146
Below are the desired skills and traits that are helpful, though not required, for successful appointees to the Zoning Board of Appeals:
- Recognize and avoid or make public any conflict of interest your position may place you in; don’t pursue special privileges; maintain confidentiality, and let your behavior contribute to the smooth operation of your board. Much acrimony can be avoided this way.
- Become familiar with the law that covers public open meetings and hearings and review the materials you were given when you were sworn in.
- Have a willingness and dedication to commit both time and personal energy to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Have an interest in comprehensive community planning, zoning and subdivision of land, and the protection of the environment.
- Have a desire to assist in implementing the City of Lincoln Park’s Vision Statement and land use policies, including the Master Plan, Subdivision Ordinances, Zoning Ordinances, and environmental policy, for the purpose of protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the residents.
- Have a willingness to encourage and accept input from citizens, organizations, and those directly affected by land use-related actions made by the Board of Appeals.
The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet on the third Thursday every month at 7:00 p.m. in the John A. Aloisi Council Chambers located on the second floor of Lincoln Park City Hall at 1355 Southfield.2022 Zoning Board of Appeals Tentative Meeting Dates and Deadlines
AGENDAS AND MINUTES
Zoning Board of Appeals Agendas and Minutes can be found here
Application for Zoning Board of Appeals/Instructions