Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
Act 442 of 1976
It is the public policy of this state that all persons are entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those who represent them as public officials and public employees, consistent with this act. The people shall be informed so that they may fully participate in the democratic process.
How do I submit a FOIA request to the City of Lincoln Park?
- Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records prepared, owned, used, possessed or retained by the City of Lincoln Park should be submitted in writing.
- A request must sufficiently describe a public record so as to enable the City to find it.
- No specific form to submit a written request is required. However a FOIA Request form for your use and convenience is available on the City’s website at www.citylp.com.
- Written requests can be made:
- In person by delivery to any City office in person or by mail
- By fax to 313-381-8835
- By e-mail. To ensure a prompt response, e-mail requests should contain the term "FOIA" or "FOIA Request" in the subject line and be sent to email@example.com.
For a complete guide on the FOIA process, please review the FOIA Written Summary Document
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category